|2015 Race for the Cure
Friends and Family/Community Team
Hakuna My Tatas
2015 Race for the Cure
Teams Multiply Impact
Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
Team Captain Tools
Go Above and Beyond!
- Make a self-donation in any denomination to show your commitment (Don't forget our selfie-challenge: Make a self-donation of $50+ between April 1-November 6 and be entered to win 25,000 AAdvantage Miles. 2 winners will be notified post-Race via email.)
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit. For recruitment tips, click here
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high traffic areas. Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so people can contact you to get involved. To download printable materials, click here.
- Corporate teams: Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
Last year, Teams raised an average of $2,367.08 per team for the fight to end breast cancer. That’s a huge impact!
Team fundraising helps ensure that we will be able to make the biggest impact in the community.
There are two ways that teams can engage in fundraising:
- Each team member asks their friends, family members and co-workers to support them in their fundraising efforts by making a donation. To get tips and tools on personal fundraising, click here.
- Your team can host a fundraising event. To download a list of fun and easy fundraising events, click here.
The ultimate reward is knowing you’ve brought our community miles closer to the reality of a world without breast cancer. But be sure to check out the Team Rewards page for more information on how we thank our top performing teams!